Παρασκευή 28 Αυγούστου 2015

Dopethrone Interview



Oh boy, Season 5 for Full Throttle (Radio Show) will kick in soon, so excited about it, but we need a good warm-up before that happen. So, whats better from a Dopethrone Interview?  Yeah right, i can say some things better from that but we have Carl (Drums) from Dopethrone with us today, so S.T.F.U. and lets roll.


First of all, welcome to our blog this is our first interview for the season. How are you and what are you doing at the moment?

Its summer time so BBQ – Beer – having fun with my kids and gething more tattoo`s.

Why you choose “Dopethrone” for a band name and what it means for you?

Dopethrone existed 6 months before I came in the the band. I did not play drums on DEMONSMOKES. They (Vince and Vyk) called it DOPETHRONE for the love they have for DARKTHRONE and for the Electric Wizard album.

For the people that don’t know about you. How this music trip started as band?

Been playing drums since I was 16 … im 41 (im old…) played in bands all my life. One day I heard of Dopethrone. I sent an email to Vince to book them. We did a gig with them and told Vince that if ever he had drummer problems to call me. 1 week latter he did … 1 months latter we were jamming for what became DARK FOIL.

Which bands you would say as band references?

We love all music – we actualy put a lot of Rap after we jam or in the tour bus. Me and Vince love country music, Vyk is a big black metal fan. I love Lionel Ritchie.

Your new album called “Hochelaga” is out. How was the recording process

For me ….hard. I came back from tour my wife asked for a divorce. I was not in a great mental state at all. I don’t remember a lot from that time. I had no place to stay + a lot of money problems . I was sober for 6 months so I recorded the album completely sober .

Which are the major differences from the older ones?

There will be no major differences ever . DOPETHRONE is DOPETHRONE. Im not saying were not open to try stuff…

Many live performances this year, how you pick where to perform?

We have a great manager called Nico (we call him papa Nico). He does everything for us (sometimes he babbysits vince lol )

Which are the big differences to tour in US from Europe?
We never played a show in the USA. We are working on a tour next May 2016 starting with MDF 2016. We have one show in November in California.


When you are planning a European tour again? Athens will be in that tour?

Booking stuff as we speak Euro 2016 (Summer) I don’t see why we would not be playing Greece again. Fans love us and we loved them. My manager hates it when I says this but: "I love feta cheez."

Which is the current status of the band? Any new recordings in the near future?

We just came back for a show in France. We are working on new songs. 3 new ones are ready. Not sure if its gonna be a full album or split with an other band.

We are done! That’s the famous “free mode” section say whatever you want to say to end this AWESOME interview.

We love Greece – Thanks for the love … See you soon. Drink beer .. Remember kids divorce is for ever.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια :

Δημοσίευση σχολίου